The Australasian Paintball Association (AUPBA) is a not-for-profit organisation committed to the promotion and protection of the paintball industry within Australia and New Zealand.
The AUPBA was formed with the following intentions:
- To create an umbrella organisation that serves as a single point of contact in relation to any and all aspects of paintball
- To provide a comprehensive source of information and resources to government, the police, advisor bodies, the media, paintball players and paintball operators
- Provide an opportunity for open discussion of issues relating to the industry both within Australia, New Zealand and internationally
- Endeavour to make the activity of paintball more widely recognised and accessible, particularly to new players and markets
- To introduce a benchmark of quality and strive to improve the facilities and service at paintball centres Australia & New Zealand-wide
- To campaign to have the activity further recognised by the public and accepted as a legitimate and growing sport
There are three levels of membership available within the AUPBA:
- Individual Membership;
- Standard Trade Membership; and
- 5-Star Trade membership.
Individual membership is afforded to anyone who would like to remain up to date with the Industry in Australia, New Zealand and around the world. It is completely free and offers a valuable “one-stop-shop” for everything paintball.
There are additional benefits to membership including access to occasional special offers offered through our Trade members and Partners.
STANDARD TRADE MEMBERSHIP
Standard Trade membership is afforded to anyone that shares our aims and wants to contribute in a professional way toward the constant improvement of the paintball industry in Australia & New Zealand.
Standard Trade members are encouraged to participate in initiatives both online and offline, to have their say on current and future focuses of the AUPBA and to take advantage of association discounts offered by AUPBA Partners. Standard Trade members are also advertised on the AUPBA Members’ Directory to allow the general public to ascertain which operators uphold the standards of the AUPBA.
5-STAR TRADE MEMBERSHIP
Paintball operators may request to be inspected and approved by the AUPBA as 5-Star accredited centres, so as to maintain a premium standard of facilities and services. All 5-Star accredited members are recognised by the AUPBA logo 5-Star logo. In order to gain 5-Star accredited status, all Trade member centres must meet the following criteria and conform to the AUPBA Code of Conduct, including, but not limited to:
- Maintain a policy of full Public Liability Insurance and do nothing that may jeopardise its validity.
- Conduct a full site risk assessment, including a full schedule of reviews.
- Maintain a safe zone according to the following standards:
- No paintball markers permitted inside this safe zone
- High mesh netting/fencing to prevent ingress of paintballs
- Flushing WCs
- All weather seating areas
- First aid equipment and facilities
- All players are offered fully integrated goggles, incorporating a fully articulated plastic head guard.
- All marshalling personnel to be trained in delivering a safe and memorable paintball experience.
- Gas propellant bottles to be replaced in accordance with the date stamp.
- Paintball overalls are issued to all players and are to be laundered between every use.
- Kitchen staff to hold Basic Food Hygiene qualifications (if applicable).
- All appropriate staff to hold a suitable First Aid qualification.